We spend a lot of time in the office. In fact, many of us suffer in an office environment that is not well designed, and we make do with whatever furniture is provided for us. Did you know that an effective, personalized workspace and intelligently engineered office furniture makes all the difference in productivity and overall effectiveness. Whether you are setting up a professional corporate space or a small home office, there are certain considerations to keep in mind.
Here’s how to make your off run in perfect order:
- Make a List of Your Basic Needs: Before you start thinking about what furniture you want, make a detailed list of your basic office needs.
- Choose Your Location: If you are in a corporate environment, chances are your location is predetermined, but you still need to think about how to best to use this space.
- Select Furniture Designed to Work for You: There are many choices when it comes to office furniture, and in particular, the most central component – the office desk. You’ll be spending at least eight hours a day at work so choosing the right office desk and chair is very important. While it may appear to be just a place for you to work, quality office furniture should integrate your technology and promote efficiency.
- Choose Furniture that Reflects Your Style and Brand: Choose furniture that reflects your style and your company’s brand.A professional office needs a consistent look, so choose a common aesthetic for your desks, storage cabinets, chairs and other prominent elements. Pay special attention to your reception area, as this is where your clients will first see your office. First impressions count, especially in the business realm.
- Files and Supplies: Don’t forget all of the other elements that make up your office. A great desk is important, but if it is piled with stacks of files and supplies it isn’t conducive to working. Utilize file storage drawers and cabinets to keep everything neat and organized. If you have a lot of client files, you may need a separate room and a file management system.
To create an effective office, everything needs to have its place. Customize your office to your needs.
To know more you can read the article on BDi.
YourOffice is a world-class network of business centers providing clients with fully serviced full-time offices, virtual offices and meeting rooms, all available with flexible terms and on-demand. Simply work with our team to create the office plan that’s perfect for your business.
Photo Credit: TECHVIBES